Arduino Starter Kit
The ultimate solution for getting started with Arduino, and having fun with a series of interactive projects
The Arduino Starter Kit is the ultimate educational solution for learning how to use the Arduino platform. It contains an Arduino Uno Rev3 board, a collection of sensors and actuators, and a book that guides the absolute beginners from their very first steps with electronics into the world of interactive and sensing objects. Arduino Starter Kit is a great gift for kids ages 9 to 99!
Arduino Starter Kit contains a full color 170 pages book with the following projects:
- 01. GET TO KNOW YOUR TOOLS: an introduction to the basics
- 02. SPACESHIP INTERFACE: design the control panel for your starship
- 03. LOVE-O-METER: measure how hot-blooded you are
- 04. COLOR MIXING LAMP: produce any color with a lamp that uses light as an input
- 05. MOOD CUE: clue people into how you're doing
- 06. LIGHT THEREMIN: create a musical instrument you play by waving your hands
- 07. KEYBOARD INSTRUMENT: play music and make some noise with this keyboard
- 08. DIGITAL HOURGLASS: a light-up hourglass that can stop you from working too much
- 09. MOTORIZED PINWHEEL: a colored wheel that will make your head spin
- 10. ZOETROPE: create a mechanical animation you can play forward or reverse
- 11. CRYSTAL BALL: a mystical tour to answer all your tough questions
- 12. KNOCK LOCK: tap out the secret code to open the door
- 13. TOUCHY-FEEL LAMP: a lamp that responds to your touch
- 14. TWEAK THE ARDUINO LOGO: control your personal computer from your Arduino
- 15. HACKING BUTTONS: create a master control for all your devices!
The kit includes:
1 Arduino Projects Book (170 pages), 1 Arduino Uno, 1 USB cable, 1 Breadboard 400 points, 70 Solid core jumper wires, 1 Easy-to-assemble wooden base, 1 9v battery snap, 1 Stranded jumper wires (black), 1 Stranded jumper wires (red), 6 Photoresistor [VT90N2 LDR], 3 Potentiometer 10kilohm, 10 Pushbuttons, 1 Temperature sensor [TMP36], 1 Tilt sensor, 1 alphanumeric LCD (16x2 characters), 1LED (bright white), 1 LED (RGB), 8 LEDs (red), 8 LEDs (green), 8 LEDs (yellow), 3 LEDs (blue), 1 Small DC motor 6/9V, 1 Small servo motor, 1 Piezo capsule [PKM17EPP-4001-B0], 1 H-bridge motor driver [L293D], 1 Optocouplers [4N35], 2 Mosfet transistors [IRF520], 5 Capacitors 100uF, 5 Diodes [1N4007], 3 Transparent gels (red, green, blue), 1Male pins strip (40x1), 20 Resistors 220 ohm, 5 Resistors 560 ohm, 5 Resistors 1 kilohm, 5 Resistors 4.7 kilohm, 20 Resistors 10 kilohm, 5 Resistors 1 megohm, 5 Resistors 10 megohm
All the projects included in the Arduino Starter Kit can be built without soldering.
The complete selection of sketches that will guide you through the 15 projects included in your kit are available in the Arduino software (IDE). From your IDE, click on: File / Examples / 10.StarterKit_BasicKit.
Have a look at these video tutorials for a project-by-project walk-through.
Please note, projects are powered via USB by the connected computer during programming. A 9V battery clip is provided so that you can power the projects independently.
A laser-cut wooden base allows you to keep the breadboard and Arduino Uno in place. An assortment of cardboard printed pieces give projects a clean and finished look, guiding users through the basics of making fully working devices.
For more information check out the Arduino’s Product Page.