With this carrier in combination with any board from the MKR family, you can quickly create your next IoT project without any extra components. This carrier has all you need in sensors and actuators to create cool projects connected to the Internet.
Using the MKR IoT Carrier Rev2 in combination with any board of the MKR family, you can quickly build:
- Environment monitoring stations: Using the sensors on the carrier, you can map different phenomena around you. You can easily measure temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and air quality or detect the movement of the board, and in case you want to expand the sensor you can use any of the grove connectors to connect analog or I2C grove compatible modules. All this information can be stored in the SD card or sent directly to the Arduino IoT Cloud.
- GUI IoT interface: Even if you want to visualize sensor data or design your own user interface, you can use the OLED color display to create your own navigation menus or use the LEDs and the buzzer for feedback.
- Control external devices: Control electronic appliances up to 24 Volts using the two on-board relays. Either you want to turn on or off your reading lamp remotely through the Arduino IoT Cloud Remote app or use any of the sensor data to affect the behavior of the lamp.
|Humidity, temperature barometric and VOC sensor
|Ambient light, proximity, color and gesture sensor
|5 (Qtouch Pad)
|Buzzer, 5 RGB LEDs
|2 connected to analog pins (A0/A6), 1 connected to I2C
|Micro SD card slot
|Micro SD card not included
|18650 Li-Ion rechargeable battery (battery not included)
What are the main differences between MKR IoT Carrier and MKR IoT Carrier Rev2?
Some sensors have changed between both versions:
- The humidity sensor (HTS221) and barometric pressure sensor (LP22HB) was replaced with the BME6688 sensor.
- The IMU (LSM6DS3) was replaced with LSM6DSOX.
Some other components have been repositioned:
- Addition of a reset button
- 90° rotation of the relay connectors
- Repositioning of the light sensor (APDS-9960)
- Change of pins assigned to control the relays to pin 1 and 2
- Change grove connector assignment from pin A5 to A6
Do I have to change my sketch if I have been using the first revision of the MKR IoT Carrier?
The MKR IoT Carrier library is compatible with both revisions of the carrier, just make sure to use the latest version of the library.